It’s OND! The months of October, November, and December always represent opportunity in my mind. These are the months that we really have the potential to pick up our business and focus on our number one ROCK–increasing revenues. From past experiences, however, I know that this quarter comes on slow (the first half of October still feels like summer) and then picks up steam quickly for a fleeting glimpse of great weather, holiday parties, eating, drinking and festivities until it comes to a screeching halt from Christmas to New Year’s Eve/Day. So, what is the key to a successful OND? Being ready when opportunity knocks!
Being ready for better business means:
- Being staffed appropriately for more volume from walk-in guests as well as large groups and events.
- Having your event team excited and primed to take advantage of every opportunity that comes to us as well as those that we seek out and pursue.
- Having your teams trained and poised for great service. We will see more first timers during the holidays and that means: a) potential regulars and advocates or, b) negative reviews–I think the choice here is obvious.
- Have your restaurants and event spaces looking show ready at all times–we have one chance to make a great first impression.
- Keep spirits and moral up. The holidays can be stressful with long days of both work and play. We all get worn down so be on the lookout for anyone that needs a break or just a pat on the back.
Keep in mind, most of the guests who walk into our restaurants during the holidays are stressed out and worn out. We offer them a reprieve from the mayhem–an oasis from the hectic world outside. We will provide our guests with priceless moments of happiness and joy that will get them through the season in a better frame of mind. And, because happiness is contagious, we will make the world a better place! We will bring work mates closer together and unite families once again. We will allow people to CELEBRATE LIFE!
Enjoy the months ahead, take pride in the happiness that you bring to the world and don’t forget to find some time for yourselves, your friends and loved ones to bond and celebrate YOUR lives!